- Bring to boil 18 oz water. Add 4 heaping tablespoons of tea/herb. Set aside the tea water and let steep for 30 – 40 minutes. Strain and discard herbs.
- Place grapeseed oil, glycerin, wax, Arborcide and citric acid in a double boiler.
- Slowly heat and melt the oil/wax mixture, stirring frequently with a wooden chopstick until the oil mixture is blended and melted.
- Remove the measuring cup from the heat. Carefully wipe all moisture from the sides of the glass measuring cup. Pour the tea water into a glass jar, insert immersion blender and turn on to start to mix.
- While the blender is running, slowly pour the oil/wax mixture into the tea. Blend at least 2 minutes.
- Add the essential oils and blend another 30 seconds more.
- Pour into containers while hot. Allow them to cool completely before applying lids.*Adapted from Rosemary Gladstar and Cynthia Kennedy
- 18 oz. Calendula tea
- 3 oz. Glycerin
- 1 oz. Arborcide
- 9 oz. Grape seed oil (or Rose Hip Seed oil)
- 1.5 oz. Emulsifying wax (by weight)
- .25 oz. Citric acid (by weight)
- Essential oils (15-20 drops) Rose EO is fabulous but expensive