- This event has passed.
August 6 @ 6:15 pm - 8:00 pm$225.00
Wouldn’t it be great to be able to change some of your annoying thought patterns? You know, the ones that feed right into the stress, worry, doubt etc. mode and are often the basis for unhealthy choices?
If you’re looking for more freedom, and/or intimacy in your life, this class is for you. You can’t avoid stress but you can build a stronger resilience to stressful times. This 6-week experiential class, led by Cynthia Moore, RD, gives you the skills that promote feeling at your personal best.
Nourishing Resilience (formerly EBT-Emotional Brain Training) gives you the skills to manage stress and implement your healthy intentions by:
- practicing self-nurturing and limit-setting to feel internally rewarded more of the time
- learning how emotion regulation can help one move towards vitality and joy more of the time.
- using the science behind neuroplasticity, attachment & stress to boost resilience and develop better habits
- developing a more balanced state of mind to make better choices
- harmonizing feelings with the thinking brain
- decreasing the time spent mentally stressed where mood and health suffer
Attend a prerequisite info/orientation session Tuesday July 16 or Tuesday July 30 from 6:15-7:15 pm to see of this course is right for you. Cost for orientation is $20.
Nourishing Resilience (NR) Basic Training is offered in a small group format (maximum 10 participants) for 2 hrs every Tuesday at The Elderberry starting August 6 and ending September 10. 6-wk class tuition: $225 & $23 for the Wired for Joy workbook. You can apply your orientation fee as part of your tuition.
Cynthia L. Moore MS, RD, CDE has been a provider/trainer in the Nourishing Resilience method since 2002/2008. She has offered the training at University of Virginia since 2006. NR is based on the sciences of neuroplasticity, stress science, attachment theory and the work of Laurel Mellin PhD, RD; EBT-Emotional Brain Training. Cynthia is a nutritionist/registered dietitian, diabetes educator, yoga therapist and health coach.